My Irish Exploration

This summer, I am traveling to Ireland! Ireland is an island country located in Western Europe. I am half Irish, so my family and I will be exploring the place of our heritage, which I am so excited to do. The reason as to why I am excited to visit Ireland is because I have never traveled as far as Ireland, and because it’s a relatively small country, we are going to travel to several counties across almost the entire island! We are going to do many things while in Ireland, but here are three things that we will do in Ireland. One thing we will visit are The Cliffs of Moher. The Cliffs of Moher are one of Ireland’s biggest tourist attractions. It is a long range of cliffs above the ocean. Now, you may ask, “What’s so special about some cliffs?” Well, these cliffs are said to have some beautiful views and some would say it is a natural wonder of the natural world. Also, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince as well as The Princess Bride have scenes filmed here on the cliffs. Another thing that my family and I will do while in Ireland is visit the Blarney Castle (Cork) and the Kylemore Abbey (Galway). Both of these places mentioned are from the old days of Ireland. Inside of the Blarney Castle is the Blarney Stone, which is another attraction. It is tradition to kiss the stone, as it will supposedly provide you a “gift of eloquence.” Lastly, we will spend a few days in Dublin, Ireland, which is the capital of the country. There, we will see and meet a lot of Irish locals and see a lot of restaurants and pubs where we can try the Irish cuisine. As you can see, I will be doing a bunch of fun and interesting adventures in Ireland, and I can’t wait to go. Ireland, here I come!